Friday, January 7, 2011

Week of 20 February 1928

Monday, 20 February 1928
Edwardstone House
Polly went to Colchester station in late afternoon and met Lil Le Mesurier from London and brought her back to tea. Lil went to bed after tea as she is still very poorly after a bad go of flu.
Trotty went off by himself for several hours! Must look out about 24 April!
Tuesday, 22 February
Polly and I motored to Hadleigh and interviewed a Mrs Taylor of Queen St about illuminating the album to be given to the vicar and his wife. We also visited Letts and sons' office at their nursery gardens.
Thursday, 23 February
I motored in to Colchester Station and went up to town by 9.35 train. I visited Emms tailor in Saville Row and ordered a suit of clothes. I met Betty at McFisheries restaurant next to The Temple station at 12.45 and we lunched together. She returned to South Kensington an I attended a meeting of Committee 110 ??? at Tooth's office, Lincolns Inn Fields at 2 pm. I met Pippa at Liverpool St and we travelled down by 3.15 train.
Saturday, 25 February
I went up to London by 9.35 train from Colchester. Tried out suit of clothes at Emms the tailor in Saville Row. Lunched at Temple Restaurant. Attended meeting of Royal Historical Records Committee at Travis Clarke's house, 22 Sloane Gardens.
Sunday, 26 February
Polly and I went to church at Edwardstone in the morning and went over to "The Rookery" Sproughton  and lunched with Bertie and Evelyn Cobbold. Ernest and Edie Cobbold were also there for lunch, having come over from Aldeburgh.









No comments:

Post a Comment